At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus one Tablespoon, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 24 pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese; beat until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add the flour. Beat until combined. Wrap the dough tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour .
3. Shape dough into 24 (1-inch) balls, and place in the wells of a mini muffin pan. Press the dough evenly into bottoms and up the sides of the wells.
4. In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and salt; beat until well combined. Fold in the chopped pecans.
5. Spoon the pecan filling evenly into each dough cup, and top each with a pecan half. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the tassies to a wire rack, and cool completely to serve.