At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 8 large fresh oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmelade 1 cup white grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
1. Place orange sections in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and marmelade; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stri in grape juice and soda.
3. Pour sugar mixture over oranges and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove oranges to serving dish. Garnish with almonds and coconut, then serve.
Cook’nWithCaroline Tip: “Sparkling Oranges are good with some fresh, very ripe mango mixed in for variation.”