At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners sugar
- lemon zest, from one lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- confectioners sugar, to garnish
1. Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine first four ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer, scraping bowl often until mixture is crumbly (two to three minutes). Press onto bottom of eight inch baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
3. Filling: Combine remaining ingredients *except confectioner’s sugar* and beat at low speed, scraping often until well mixed. Pour filling over hot crust. Continue baking 18-20 minutes or until filing is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and cool.
“Get creative! Next time, use lime and lime zest to make lime bars or orange and orange zest to make orange bars.”