At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup white rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 10 3/4 oz. each
- 1 can canned sliced mushrooms, 4 oz. drained
- 6 ounces fresh lump crabmeat with juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 oz jar pimientos, drained
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery; cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except stuffing, and stir to combine; put mixture in baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake for 60 minutes and serve hot.
“This is great brunch buffet casserole that people love … it’s comfort food. Take it from me, opt to spend time with your guests instead of an extra 30 minutes in the kitchen making a basic white sauce – use the canned soups as a sauce base. The casserole will be just as good and you’ll be better off for it!”