At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 cups water
2 cups whole milk
1 cup stone-ground grits
8 ounces cheddar cheese
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 scallions (green onions), both green and white parts chopped
2 tablespoons salted butter, plus 1 tablespoon for casserole dish
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook stone ground grits according to package directions. Stir in the shredded cheese, butter, eggs, and milk; pour into a buttered 1-quart baking dish.
- Stir in cheese 2 Tablespoons butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten eggs and chopped green onions; mix through.
- Spoon into buttered casserole dish and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Rest 10 minutes before serving.