At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 8 ounces Wild Mushrooms (Shiitake, Oyster, Porcini and/or others)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup whole mik
- 3 large egg, plus one egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup good cheese (Swiss, smoked Gouda, Goat, etc), finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Slice mushrooms. In heated skillet, add mushrooms and butter. Cook half-way. Add shallots, garlic, tarragon and cook until tender. Salt and pepper to taste and strain reserving liquid. Set aside.
3. In bowl, lightly beat eggs and yolk. Stir in cream. Add milk and reserved mushroom liquid. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and nutmeg. Stir gently to combine.
4. Butter lightly 4 ounce metal molds or ramekins and place in a deep baking dish. Ladle equal amounts of the mushroom mixture into molds. Carefully add hot water to deep baking dish about half way up the molds.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until timbales feel firm. Remove from oven.
6. Serve as a side dish and garnish with fresh tarragon.