At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves, from approx. 6 tea bags
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until the tea leaves are pulverized. Add the vanilla, 1 teaspoon water, and the butter. Pulse together until a dough is formed.
3. Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 12-inch log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Slice each log into disks, 1/3 inch thick. Place on parchment lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.