At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces 4% cottage cheese
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Inn The Kitchen with Lori Tip: “Our recipe uses a casserole pan, however I use individual ramekins because I like the look and the ability to bake each one to be fresh from the oven as our guests arrive at the breakfast table! If you like the look, but don’t want to invest in ramekins, muffin pans work nicely.”