At Stonehurst Place we cook with Organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 30 miniature phyllo cups (2 boxes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium Organic onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fig preserve
- 6 ounces Organic goat cheese salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Organic rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium heat; add onions. Stir frequently and cook slowly until the onions are browned and caramelized. *Watch carefully or they will burn quickly!* This step can take 30-45 minutes if done correctly.
3. Add fig preserve and cook a few minutes longer until the mixture is quite thick.
4. Place phyllo cups on lightly greased baking sheet and fill each approximately 1/3 with caramelized onion mixture, then top each with goat cheese.
5. Oh-so-lightly dust salt and pepper over goat cheese in each phyllo cup.
6. Drizzle warmed honey over goat cheese in each phyllo cup, then sprinkle lightly with chopped rosemary.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until phyllo edges are toasty brown and contents are heated through; serve warm.
“Lots of slow stirring lets the sugars in the onions liquefy and then caramelize. Trust me, it’s worth the effort!”